Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Feast.

At home, Easter used to be a really important day when we were younger. My brother, sister and I would get these amazing baskets with toys, money, and candy in the mornings when we woke up. Then we would head to the morning mass, followed by breakfast either at home or at Teddy's, a restaurant my parents have been going to since before I was born. After that it would be time to go home and finish cleaning since everyone would be coming over soon for the huge BBQ that my parents had every year. Our closest friends and family would come over and feast on TONS of food: carne and pollo asada, beans, rice, burgers, hot dogs, salads, veggies, and lots of yummy desserts.

Since flights to LA are pretty pricey I didn't go home this year to celebrate Easter with my family. Instead, I celebrated it here on campus with my Graham family (or "Grahamily" as we in the building call it.) My roommate Lauren (she contributes to this blog as well!) and I prepared dinner for about 20 of the people in our building and it was delicious. We feasted on chicken marinated in lemon, thyme, salt and pepper, macaroni and cheese, rosemary potatoes, garlic
bread and a salad. For dessert we had Nutella® cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache, and caramel brownies.

Now, I'll be honest and say Lauren did a lot of the work for our Easter feast. She did all the baking, took care of the chicken since raw chicken freaks me out a little, and made the garlic bread. I was in charge of the mac & cheese and making sure the potatoes didn't burn, which they didn't. Together Lauren and I pulled together a delicious dinner for 20 for $110, with everyone who came putting in $7. Everyone enjoyed it and it was a great way to spend an Easter away from home.


P.S. MY ROOMMATE IS BETTER THAN YOUR ROOMMATE. Yeah, I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment