Monday, April 25, 2011

One word: yum.

What do you do when you end up with a whole lot more chocolate frosting than cupcakes? Take advantage of Safeway's 3/$3.99 sale on strawberries in the best way possible, that's what.
For the frosting: heat 1/2 cup whipping cream in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring often. Once it starts steaming (not boiling), add a bag of semisweet chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate is melted and it starts to bubble, then remove from the stove and add a tablespoon of vanilla (or rum, if you have it...). Once it's all combined, sift about 3/4 cup powdered sugar in (less if you want it on the thinner side, more if you want it thicker) and stir well. It's just as yummy on cupcakes as it is with strawberries!

And I'm pretty sure you can figure the rest out on your own, folks:
I'd offer you some, but I'm pretty sure my roommate and I will devour them all before the day is up. Sorry I'm not sorry.

1 comment: