Sunday, May 22, 2011

Icecream...EASY?!

Whoa whoa whoa. Pardon me, but my mind's just been blown.
Growing up, it wasn't uncommon for my family to make kick-the-can icecream. You know, the one with a a little coffee can inside of a big coffee can, a bunch of ice and rock salt--basically a big, loud, painful mess once you've kicked it around for the 45 or so necessary minutes. It was a hassle, but it taught us to appreciate the work that went into the delicious treat we tend to take for granted (but for the record, I've never taken icecream for granted...I straight up respect that stuff).

But I just came across this recipe for Easy Homemade Icecream and had my entire vision of homemade icecream shattered. I mean, can it get any easier than whipping heavy cream, adding mix-ins, folding in sweetened condensed milk, and freezing? I honestly don't know if I'll ever feel compelled to buy pre-made icecream ever again...especially when the flavor options are completely endless! And now I can fulfill my lifelong dream of creating my own flavor combo.

In short: dream come true. See you on the other side of icecream heaven....

No comments:

Post a Comment