Monday, May 2, 2011

Off the Beaten Path- Pizza and Curry


The Bay Area has a lot to offer when it comes to food. Because of the super diverse nature of the area, interesting fusions come up every once in a while. This weekend, I was back in my home town of Fremont, and remembered one of my favorite places to eat.

The first time I saw the sign for PIZZA and CURRY, I thought, “No way, that cannot exist!” I excitedly turned into the parking lot and got ready for what I expected to be craziness. I ended up loving every bite of the pizza.

Since my friends were over too, I wanted to share my favorite fusion food with them. Pizza Curry’s best dish is their Tandoori Chicken Pizza. Pizza and Curry uses a crust with similarities Italian pizza dough and Indian naan bread. The crust has a chewy consistency, but easily melts in your mouth, without having the grainy texture associated with pizza dough. This creates a tasty foundation for the rest of the magic. Next up is the sauce. The sauce used is a curry sauce. They have the right blend of spices to keep the palette interested and maintain a level of heat that begs for a second bite. This heat is manageable, but still enough burn to get those endorphins running through your system. This is then topped with your standard mozzarella cheese, adding richness to the dish. The cheese’s richness balances the sharpness of the spices, mellowing the dish without losing flavor. The actual pieces of Tandoori chicken are the tastiest, juiciest pieces of jaw-droppingly good flavor you will ever eat in your life. Finally, to tie the dish together, fresh cilantro is added to finish off the tasting experience on a refreshing note, despite of how rich the cheese can be.

Give Crazy combinations a try, but first, if you’re in the Fremont area, try PIZZA and CURRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment